From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eclean-pkg strips everything out
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 07:48:32
1 On Tuesday 04 Apr 2017 17:52:30 Dale wrote:
2 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Has anyone else noticed that running "eclean-pkg -d" removes all
5 > > packages, or nearly so? I've had it happen recently on a few amd64
6 > > systems and an x86 system, and it's becoming annoying. Well, no,
7 > > actually it's long since become annoying.
8 >
9 > If it is removing to much, leave out the -d option. With -d, it only
10 > leaves the minimum needed to re-emerge the packages currently
11 > installed. It works the same way with -dist as well. From the man page:
12 >
13 > -d, --deep only keep the minimum for a reinstallation
14 >
15 > I think if you leave off the -d option it leaves anything that is still
16 > in the tree, may include overlays as well.
17
18 Yes, I've done that of course. The point is that it used to work with -d,
19 and now it doesn't. If you ask how I know it used to work, my answer is that
20 of course I don't, but at least it only removed a sensible-looking number of
21 packages.
22
23 The other day I was left with just six package files and the directory
24 structure.
25
26 I haven't noticed a problem with eclean-dist.
29 Regards
30 Peter