From: Hogren <hogren@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bashrc in console
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:04:12
1 On 22/03/2017 14:57, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 22/03/2017 14:34, Hogren wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> Anybody knows why ~/.bashrc is not running on the first Bash opening ?
8 >> Steps to reproduce my problem:
9 >>
10 >> - I boot up my machine (systemd)
11 >>
12 >> - I have the login prompt
13 >>
14 >> - I enter my login, then my password
15 >>
16 >> - I am in Bash but ~/.bashrc is not sourced. Aliases, $PATH, and other
17 >> are not updated.
18 >>
19 >> - I enter the command "bash" to enter in a subshell. Now I have my new
20 >> aliases, $PATH, etc. The ~/.bashrc is sourced.
24 >> I didn't find the good conf file.
25 >
26 > man bash, section INVOCATION.
27 >
28 > Study it and study it well. bash does not do with it's startup files
29 > what you probably assume it does.
30 >
31 > Read it, read it again, read it three times. Read and understand what
32 > is actually there.
35 I already read the man pages in the past, and even the Advanced Bash
36 Scripting Guide (very good free book). I just not remembered a thing
37 like that.
38
39 I didn't read it a second, and a third time ^^. That was my error :)
40
41 Bye
42
43 Hogren