From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bashrc in console
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:00:47
1 On 22/03/2017 14:34, Hogren wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Anybody knows why ~/.bashrc is not running on the first Bash opening ?
7 > Steps to reproduce my problem:
8 >
9 > - I boot up my machine (systemd)
10 >
11 > - I have the login prompt
12 >
13 > - I enter my login, then my password
14 >
15 > - I am in Bash but ~/.bashrc is not sourced. Aliases, $PATH, and other
16 > are not updated.
17 >
18 > - I enter the command "bash" to enter in a subshell. Now I have my new
19 > aliases, $PATH, etc. The ~/.bashrc is sourced.
23 > I didn't find the good conf file.
24
25 man bash, section INVOCATION.
26
27 Study it and study it well. bash does not do with it's startup files
28 what you probably assume it does.
29
30 Read it, read it again, read it three times. Read and understand what is
31 actually there.
35 Alan McKinnon
36 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com