From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HIJACKING THREADS
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 17:54:33
1 On Wednesday 11 June 2008, Hal Martin wrote:
2
3 [snip]
4
5 > I'm sorry, but I fail to see why the above example mentioned
6 > qualifies as Thread Hijacking. He started a new thread to pose his
7 > question, and, if anything, was only being indirect in asking it.
8
9 No, he did not start a new thread. Other wise why does his mail have
10 this header;
11
12 In-Reply-To:
13 <49bf44f10806101229y255520fbna1a6cfd59ae56008@××××××××××.com>
14
15 [snip]
16
17 > He *did* compose a new message, there is no Re: in the header and no
18 > other content in the message.
19
20 That's not how you determine if a thread has been hijacked. The Re: is
21 simply a subject line and can be edited. Deleting all content from a
23 headers to do it, specifically In-Reply-To and References
27 Alan McKinnon
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list