From: Francesco Talamona <francesco.talamona@××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Emerge Problems...
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 09:33:40
1 On Sunday 30 January 2011, BRM wrote:
2 > A little while back my server ran out of hard disk space (due to a
3 > failed hard drive) and as a result my local portage mirror got
4 > destroyed. Well, I fixed there server - initially by just grabbing a
5 > new copy of portage like a new install since it was just completely
6 > hosed, and the server is back up and working. However, now my
7 > desktop and laptop are both having problems. They sync just fine
8 > against the server, but I get a series of errors about not having
9 > various ebuilds in the manifest files - so many that I can't emerge
10 > anything (even portage).
11
12 It seems your three systems share a broken portage tree, try with the
13 latest portage snapshot, for example from
14 http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo/snapshots/
15
16 You can also skip the sync and put it directly on the clients to see if
17 the rsync service on server is broken...
18
19 Once you stabilize the root cause, it's time to focus on the other
20 issues (for example run a non-X runlevel on the laptop to fix the login
21 issue, use nano until vim is ok, and so on).
22
23 HTH
24 Francesco
27 Linux Version 2.6.36-gentoo-r6, Compiled #2 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jan 3
28 11:54:58 CET 2011
29 Two 1GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processors, 4GB RAM, 4021.84 Bogomips Total
30 aemaeth