From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: Users Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Emerge Problems...
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 04:14:04
1 A little while back my server ran out of hard disk space (due to a failed hard
2 drive) and as a result my local portage mirror got destroyed.
3 Well, I fixed there server - initially by just grabbing a new copy of portage
4 like a new install since it was just completely hosed, and the server is back up
5 and working. However, now my desktop and laptop are both having problems. They
6 sync just fine against the server, but I get a series of errors about not having
7 various ebuilds in the manifest files - so many that I can't emerge anything
8 (even portage).
9
10 Right now, my laptop is basically hosed - KDE/X won't work on login due to some
11 errors. My desktop at least logs in to the KDE/X. However, on both systems I am
12 having the manifest problem, and I can't edit files either since vim is screwed
13 up due to a change in perl - and I can't run perl-clearner due to the emerge
14 problem.
15
16 I know both systems can be restored to being fully functional and up-to-date.
17 The question is - how do I get there?
18
19 I ran across some emails in the list archive on a similar issue - though that
20 was only for 1 ebuild - and it was straight forward enough to fix by just
21 rebuilding the manifest though 'ebuild' or something. I ran across another
22 e-mail suggesting to just resync, and well - I tried that but it didn't work.
23
24 So my question is - is there a way to automatically fix all these manifest
25 things without having to track down each one by hand and run the 'ebuild' thing
26 on each one individually? I'm completely out of ideas, and I'd really like to
27 get these systems back to full functionality.
28
29 TIA,
30
31 Ben