From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge Problems...
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:06:09
1 On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 20:12:26 -0800 (PST), BRM wrote:
2
3 > Well, I fixed there server - initially by just grabbing a new copy of
4 > portage like a new install since it was just completely hosed, and the
5 > server is back up and working. However, now my desktop and laptop are
6 > both having problems. They sync just fine against the server, but I get
7 > a series of errors about not having various ebuilds in the manifest
8 > files - so many that I can't emerge anything (even portage).
9
10 Completely remove the portage tree, fsck the filesystem and then resync.
11
12 Of course, you can get your other systems working by commenting out any
13 SYNC entries in make.conf and letting them sync directly with the Gentoo
14 servers.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 It's no use crying over spilt milk -- it only makes it salty for the cat.