From: Matthew Finkel <matthew.finkel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Linus ranting about Gnome3
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 21:12:39
1 On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 16/06/12 21:27, walt wrote:
4 >
5 >> I guess they figure the desktop will be extinct relatively soon
6 >> and their customer base will vanish unless they capture the
7 >> smartphone market.
10 > Ah yes, the death of the desktop PC, which is happening for 15 years now.
11 >
12 > Are we dead yet?
15 I'm not holding my breath. There will always be a divide for the power
16 users. A single, under-powered interface isn't going to cut it for a lot of
17 us. X provides us with the flexibility that isn't available with the mobile
18 interface.