From: Simon Kellett <zoxed_c@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: which video card for dell2005fpw
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 20:08:00
1 michael@×××××××××××××.com writes:
2
3 > I'm looking for recommendations for a new video card. Obviously
4 > something that works well with Linux in general and Gentoo in
5 > particular.
6 >
7 > Any suggestions?
8
9 Depends a bit on what you want: basic stuff or 3d-gaming !
10
11 > Should I prefer a digital interface over the analog?
12
13 I think yes: why convert to an analog signal when the source and
14 receiver are both digital ? Also now problems with alignment. However,
15 when I looked anyway, you could not save any money by only have DVI -
16 you have to buy a card that supports both !!
19 Simon Kellett, | Gentoo Linux, Fvwm, Firefox
20 Darmstadt, Germany | Xemacs, Vm, Gnus
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list