From: michael@×××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: which video card for dell2005fpw
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 05:00:51
1 Thanks for your reply, Simon. Answers follow:
4 On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Simon Kellett wrote:
5
6 > michael@×××××××××××××.com writes:
7 >
8 >> I'm looking for recommendations for a new video card. Obviously
9 >> something that works well with Linux in general and Gentoo in
10 >> particular.
11 >>
12 >> Any suggestions?
13 >
14 > Depends a bit on what you want: basic stuff or 3d-gaming !
15
16 Basic stuff. Not into games, and I don't watch movies on my computer
17 either.
21 >> Should I prefer a digital interface over the analog?
22 >
23 > I think yes: why convert to an analog signal when the source and
24 > receiver are both digital ? Also now problems with alignment. However,
25 > when I looked anyway, you could not save any money by only have DVI -
26 > you have to buy a card that supports both !!
27
28 Ok, that might not be so bad.
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list