From: Simon Kellett <zoxed_c@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: which video card for dell2005fpw
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:24:17
1 michael@×××××××××××××.com writes:
2
3 >> Depends a bit on what you want: basic stuff or 3d-gaming !
4 >
5 > Basic stuff. Not into games, and I don't watch movies on my computer
6 > either.
7
8 Same as me then: I just bought the cheapest card with an nVidia chip,
9 AGP8 and DVI out at my local computer shop: ASUS V9400-X/TD / NVIDIA
10 (GeForce4) MX 4000 / 64Mb (but I only use 1280x1024). 39 Euros
11 now. Works for me :-)
12
13 (I forgot to mention that you may wish to choose a card that is
14 *passively* cooled if you do not like fan noise !!)
17 Simon Kellett, | Gentoo Linux, Fvwm, Firefox
18 Darmstadt, Germany | Xemacs, Vm, Gnus
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list