From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd warning kernel 3.10 required
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 20:54:32
1 On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 3:43 PM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> What is the significance of the warning when updating to systemd-214
4 >> that kernel 3.10 is required? I can't go to that now, what might break?
5 >
6 > The README from systemd still says that you need 3.8 [1] (3.0 without
7 > some features); also, in the mailing list there was some discussions
8 > about some stuff being fixed so 3.8 remained the lower bound.
9 >
10 > sources.g.o seems to be down, so I can't see the ebuild, but I don't
11 > know of any strong reason to demand 3.10. I think they were waiting
12 > for the kdbus kernel inclusion to depend on it.
15 systemd-214 fails to build with <linux-headers-3.10. Upstream claims
16 to support earlier kernels, but has been rather bad about testing
17 them.