From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd warning kernel 3.10 required
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 21:41:55
1 On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 3:43 PM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > What is the significance of the warning when updating to systemd-214
3 > that kernel 3.10 is required? I can't go to that now, what might break?
4
5 The README from systemd still says that you need 3.8 [1] (3.0 without
6 some features); also, in the mailing list there was some discussions
7 about some stuff being fixed so 3.8 remained the lower bound.
8
9 sources.g.o seems to be down, so I can't see the ebuild, but I don't
10 know of any strong reason to demand 3.10. I think they were waiting
11 for the kdbus kernel inclusion to depend on it.
12
13 Regards.
14
15 [1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/README#n42
16 --
17 Canek Peláez Valdés
18 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias