From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenRC broke my LVM?
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:22:23
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:54:45 +0100, Matt Harrison wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Very strange. Baselayout-2 and openrc are both keyword masked and
5 >>> shouldn't be installed on a stable system. Which bits of
6 >>> testing/bl2/openrc have you ended up with?
7 >
8 >> I would appear that its part of lvm and/or mdadm...but I just don't
9 >> know. Everything about BL2 is so hazy, its hard to tell. Basically I
10 >> have a crapped up system and I have a presentation tomorrow :P
11 >
12 > Neither of those have anything to do with BL2 beyond init scripts that do
13 > nothing but say "don't run me" under BL1. It sounds more like something
14 > corrupted your LVM setup or metadata.
18 Well I would agree, except with my lvm working perfectly under the
19 livecd, I just don't know what else to do.
20
21 I'm getting on well with the re-install, I've just got a kernel to
22 compile and I hope i'll be back on track.
23
24 I would just keep booting from the livecd, except that it doesn't
25 include iptables. Unless I get it reinstalled, its either data or
26 network, but not both :P
27 --
28 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list