From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenRC broke my LVM?
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:58:47
1 On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:54:45 +0100, Matt Harrison wrote:
2
3 > > Very strange. Baselayout-2 and openrc are both keyword masked and
4 > > shouldn't be installed on a stable system. Which bits of
5 > > testing/bl2/openrc have you ended up with?
6
7 > I would appear that its part of lvm and/or mdadm...but I just don't
8 > know. Everything about BL2 is so hazy, its hard to tell. Basically I
9 > have a crapped up system and I have a presentation tomorrow :P
10
11 Neither of those have anything to do with BL2 beyond init scripts that do
12 nothing but say "don't run me" under BL1. It sounds more like something
13 corrupted your LVM setup or metadata.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Sex is better than logic. You can't prove it, but it is.