From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenRC broke my LVM?
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:54:50
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:20:00 +0100, Matt Harrison wrote:
3 >
4 >> I've tried to upgrade to BL2, and found it is masked, along with
5 >> openrc...so if those were masked..how did I end up with bits that rely
6 >> on it, without unmasking them? strange.
9 > Very strange. Baselayout-2 and openrc are both keyword masked and
10 > shouldn't be installed on a stable system. Which bits of
11 > testing/bl2/openrc have you ended up with?
15 I would appear that its part of lvm and/or mdadm...but I just don't
16 know. Everything about BL2 is so hazy, its hard to tell. Basically I
17 have a crapped up system and I have a presentation tomorrow :P
18
19 So I'm in the process of a partial over the top install. Once it's
20 settled in, using the old portage tree that I know and love, I will be
21 very wary about any upgrades...and I may just leave it as it is.
22
23 I don't see how BL2 has affected me, for as you say it's all masked.
24
25 Would be nice if a portage sync alerted me to the fact that the devil is
26 now in control of the tree, and my system is likely to die at the
27 slightest emerge.
28
29 I guess the old adage is true, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So I
30 won't be upgrading anything on my systems until this is a bit clearer.
31 --
32 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list