From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome login panel how to disable restart and shutdown buttons
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 00:39:56
1 David W Noon <dwnoon@××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:40:02 +0200, covici@××××××××××.com wrote about
4 > Re: [gentoo-user] gnome login panel how to disable restart and shutdown
5 > buttons:
6 >
7 > >I did not look in gconf editor, and gdm at least, is compiled with the
8 > >policykit use flag, so I am not sure where to go with this. Where
9 > >would I look in gconf?
10 >
11 > Take a look at /usr/share/gdm/defaults.conf.
12 >
13 > # Specify which actions are displayed in the greeter. Valid values are
14 > # HALT,
15 > # REBOOT, SUSPEND, and CUSTOM_CMD separated by semicolons.
16 > SystemCommandsInMenu=HALT;REBOOT;SUSPEND;CUSTOM_CMD
17 >
18 > # Specify which actions are supported by QUERY_LOGOUT_ACTION,
19 > # SET_LOGOUT_ACTION
20 > # and SET_SAFE_LOGOUT_ACTION. Valid values are HALT,
21 > # REBOOT, SUSPEND, and
22 > # CUSTOM_CMD separated by semicolons.
23 > AllowLogoutActions=HALT;REBOOT;SUSPEND;CUSTOM_CMD
24 >
25 > You wll, of course, need to recycle xdm when you are done.
26 > --
27 > Regards,
28 They seem to have abolished the defaults.conf in 2.28.2, however I found
29 a gconf key /apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_restart_buttons and if I
30 use gconftool-2 --set /apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_restart_buttons
31 true
32 as the gdm user, this fixed the problem.'
33
34 Thanks to all for your responses.
37 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
38 How do
39 you spend it?
40
41 John Covici