From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package.use update
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 12:27:00
1 on Saturday 08/30/2008 Neil Bothwick(neil@××××××××××.uk) wrote
2 > On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 03:03:07 +0200, Matthias Bethke wrote:
3 >
4 > > > # etc-update
5 > > > [...]
6 > > > File: /etc/portage/._cfg0000_package.use
7 > > > [...]
8 > > > What is it about?
9 > >
10 > > No, I didn't see it, but it looks like some package moved to another
11 > > category or got renamed so portage patched package.use for you.
12 >
13 > That's exactly what happened.
14 >
15 > > Try
16 > > dispatch-config, preferably with vimdiff and perhaps RCS support, it
17 > > makes maintaining your config so much easier than etc-update.
18 >
19 > I used dispatch-config for years, but have now switched to conf-update
20 > after Alan recommended it.
21
22 What is the advantage of conf-update over cfg-update which I have been
23 using for quite a while?
26 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
27 How do
28 you spend it?
29
30 John Covici