From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a home router
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:16:53
1 > If you really removed shorewall from your runlevel (rc-update del shorewall
2 > default) try this:
3 > rm /var/lib/iptables/rules-save
4
5 i have removed shorewall from my runlevels and added iptables
6
7 > Did you do a /etc/init.d/iptables save by any chance? That's the only
8 > thing I can think of.
11 the way i have applied my rules is as follows
12
13 first i load them with my generated script
14 then i invoke /etc/init.d/iptables save
15 and to be sure i do an /etc/init.d/iptables restart
16 iptables -L, iptables -L -t nat, iptables -L -t mangle show me my new rules
17 when i look in /var/lib/iptables/rules-save i also see my new rules
18 when i issue /etc/init.d/net.eth1 restart iptables -L, iptables -L -t
19 nat, iptables -L -t mangle show me the old rules from shorewall
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list