From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a home router
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:09:55
1 On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:11:34 +0100
2 "Daniel Pielmeier" <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Excuse me, but my problem is not that my tables are not working, they
5 > work very well. I applied forwarding and masquerading, also a basic
6 > set of filtering rules which block all access from outside.
7
8 oops. sorry.
9
10 > > If you really removed shorewall from your runlevel (rc-update del
11 > > shorewall default) try this:
12 > > rm /var/lib/iptables/rules-save
13 >
14 > i have removed shorewall from my runlevels and added iptables
15 >
16 > > Did you do a /etc/init.d/iptables save by any chance? That's the
17 > > only thing I can think of.
20 > the way i have applied my rules is as follows
21 >
22 > first i load them with my generated script
23 > then i invoke /etc/init.d/iptables save
24 > and to be sure i do an /etc/init.d/iptables restart
25 > iptables -L, iptables -L -t nat, iptables -L -t mangle show me my new
26 > rules when i look in /var/lib/iptables/rules-save i also see my new
27 > rules when i issue /etc/init.d/net.eth1 restart iptables -L, iptables
28 > -L -t nat, iptables -L -t mangle show me the old rules from shorewall
29
30 i wonder if shorewall is loaded as a dependancy of net.eth1 ?
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list