From: Jacob Todd <jaketodd422@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] irssi autosendcmd
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 03:35:53
1 Turns out autosendcmd for irc.freenode.net wasn't spelled correctly.
2
3 >.<
4
5 On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 05:11:35AM +0000, Matt Nordhoff wrote:
6 > Jacob Todd wrote:
7 > > I'm having some trouble getting irssi to set my nick on two irc servers
8 > > and then identify them. My current irssi config (just the important
9 > > part)
10 > > looks like this:
11 >
12 > [snip configuration]
13 >
14 > > My nick gets set and identified on irc.oftc.net, but not on freenode.
15 > > Anyone know what could be going on here?
16 >
17 > I don't know if this will help, but...
18 >
19 > 1.) The /network command has a -nick option; you shouldn't have to use
20 > -autosendcmd to change your nick.
21 >
22 > 2.) FWIW, both Freenode and OFTC support alternate ways of identifying:
23 > On Freenode you can use a server password, and on OFTC you can use a
24 > client-side SSL cert:
25 >
26 > <http://www.oftc.net/oftc/NickServ/CertFP>
27 > --