From: Tsukasa Mcp_Reznor <mcp_reznor@×××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Root on NFS Suspend/Resume support
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:59:55
1 _
2 If you want to resume from NFS, you will need an initramfs that correctly passes the swap device for resuming.
3 I would try the same method as resuming from encrypted swap.
4 --
5 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
6 </mcp_reznor@×××××××.com></joost@××××××××.org>
9 I appreciate the response, I'm not trying to use hibernate but rather suspend to ram. I don't use swap over NFS, the machines that do have hard drives installed use them for local swap and cachefilesd (which is amazingly performant)
10
11 In the past when I've tried to use an initramfs, it's lead to boot hangs that I haven't quite figured out the root cause for, I was trying to use genkernel to build them, maybe I'll give dracut a shot and see if that fixes the problem, you could very well be on to something.