From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Instaling KDE 4.2, second attempt...
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 01:18:47
1 090203 Robin Atwood wrote:
2 > I have a completely current 3.5.10 system running, so I thought
3 > I would get a situation where I could choose which system to login to.
4 > I get my original KDM 3.5 login screen and no new options
5 > and when I login I do get my original desktop environment,
6 > albeit with corrupt konqueror tool bars.
7 > Any ideas how to enable KDM 4.2 and get the new desktop?
8
9 The simple way is to boot into a raw console,
10 then 'startx' with your choice of ~/.xinitrc .
11 I would never use a GUI login, it's just another thing to trip you up.
15 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
16 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
17 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca