From: Ronald Vincent Vazquez <rvazquez@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SMTP Authentication
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:18:05
1 On Tue, October 17, 2006 09:42, Tito Valentin wrote:
2 > Hello list:
3 >
4 > I have been trying to get SMTP authentication on Gentoo to work with no
5 > success. I am running qmail (netqmail package) with dovecot and saslauth.
6 > I am able to connect and read my mail through IMAP fine. The problem is
7 > that I cannot send email using my own SMTP server due to an authentication
8 > issue. Every time we try to send email out we get an error saying that it
9 > cannot establish a connection because I am not part of the allowed rcphost
10 > list. I tried adding the remote host in the rcpthosts database but the
11 > problem persists. The only error I see in the log files for dovecot is
12 > "Disconnected"
13 >
14 > Can anyone point me in the right direction as to why I can't be
15 > authenticated when sending email out? Another thing is, it keeps
16 > prompting me for my passwd.
17 >
18 > GV
19 >
20 > --
21 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
24 List:
25
26 Ha, I am having the same problem as Tito Valentin. Is anyone out there
27 able to shed some light on this problem? I opted for the use of
28 SquirrelMail in the mean time but it would be nice to be able to use
29 Thunderbird or Outlook.
30
31 Thanks,
32