From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compiling 32 bit library on x86_64
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:40:48
1 Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > Have you tried using sys-devel/crossdev?
4
5 Not in the present context.
6
7 > It will set up the entire 32-bit cross-compiler environment for you;
8 > then it's just a matter of setting a couple of environment variables to
9 > switch compilers.
10
11 Some time ago I tried setting up cross-compilation so that I could use a
12 rather heterogeneous collection of amd64, ppc and x86 machines in
13 icecream. Unfortunately I could not get cross-compilation to work. I
14 asked about it in this forum but did not get any replies.
15
16 Cheers,
17 Roger