From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compiling 32 bit library on x86_64
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:50:07
1 On 4/30/2010 12:40 PM, Roger Mason wrote:
2 > Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org> writes:
3 >
4 >> Have you tried using sys-devel/crossdev?
5 >
6 > Not in the present context.
7 >
8 >> It will set up the entire 32-bit cross-compiler environment for you;
9 >> then it's just a matter of setting a couple of environment variables to
10 >> switch compilers.
11 >
12 > Some time ago I tried setting up cross-compilation so that I could use a
13 > rather heterogeneous collection of amd64, ppc and x86 machines in
14 > icecream. Unfortunately I could not get cross-compilation to work. I
15 > asked about it in this forum but did not get any replies.
16
17 I have it set up on my laptop. I admit it's been a while since I used
18 it, but I know it worked at one point.
19
20 Though I was using it on a standard PC, the best source of information I
21 found on the process was the Gentoo Embedded Handbook:
24 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/?part=1
25
26 The whole first section is on setting up a cross-compiler, just
27 substitute i686-pc-linux-gnu for your target architecture.