From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compiling 32 bit library on x86_64
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 09:32:52
1 Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > On 4/30/2010 12:40 PM, Roger Mason wrote:
4 >> Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org> writes:
5 >>
6 >>> Have you tried using sys-devel/crossdev?
7 >>
8 >> Not in the present context.
9 >>
10 >>> It will set up the entire 32-bit cross-compiler environment for you;
11 >>> then it's just a matter of setting a couple of environment variables to
12 >>> switch compilers.
13 >>
14 >> Some time ago I tried setting up cross-compilation so that I could use a
15 >> rather heterogeneous collection of amd64, ppc and x86 machines in
16 >> icecream. Unfortunately I could not get cross-compilation to work. I
17 >> asked about it in this forum but did not get any replies.
18 >
19 > I have it set up on my laptop. I admit it's been a while since I used
20 > it, but I know it worked at one point.
21 >
22 > Though I was using it on a standard PC, the best source of information I
23 > found on the process was the Gentoo Embedded Handbook:
26 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/?part=1
27 >
28 > The whole first section is on setting up a cross-compiler, just
29 > substitute i686-pc-linux-gnu for your target architecture.
30
31 Ah, thank you. I'll have another go at it this summer.
32
33 Roger