From: Pongracz Istvan <pongracz.istvan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmware-server + gentoo kernel 2.6.28 - compiling problem
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 17:31:39
1 2008. 12. 30, kedd keltezéssel 09.35-kor Paul Hartman ezt írta:
2 > Those are old, if you want to use a newer kernel use a newer vmware
3 > ebuilds. Add the vmware overlay with layman and then you can get
4 > vmware-server 2.0.0 and vmware-modules 1.0.0.23 -- this version of the
5 > modules is working for me in kernel 2.6.28 (with vmware-workstation
6 > 6.5).
9 Hi,
10
11 Thank you, now the situation is better :)
12 Unfortunately the VIX api installation failed.
13 I have the VIX file, downloaded before, but it seems nobody cares about
14 this file.
15
16 After I installed vmware-server, the
17 /opt/vmware/server/bin/vmware-config.pl
18 failed to install vix api.
19
20 Anyway, I do not know, what is it.
21
22 Other thing, vmware-server-console unable to connect to the server on
23 localhost.
24
25 Unfortunately the web gui has no console, but a stupid message to
26 install the plugin. When I click to install, I got a more stupid "help"
27 how to install.
28
29 I got sick about vmware........ I guess, this is my fault....
30
31 I have to use this to get my usb scanner working under windows running
32 from real partition.
33
34 Probably I will buy a new scanner soon and drop out all the vmware
35 stuff.......
36
37 Cheers,
38 István