From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I force emerge to use python 3.6?
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 02:17:56
1 Hi Victor,
2
3     emerge crashes when it tries to add metadata during the merge stage
4 in an emerge installed python module using 3.7 when the PKGDIR is on a
5 moosefs share.  When PKGDIR is local its fine.
6
7 I am rebuilding some systems now with 3.6 as the PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET
8 but I was hoping for some way to specify emerge use 3.7 or 3.6 without
9 having to rebuild portage and all its dependencies everytime I want to
10 switch and test ...
11
12 I have a some systems with common hardware where I can use a buildhost
13 and the moosefs share is an easy way to access the built packages across
14 the network
15
16 Bill K.