From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I force emerge to use python 3.6?
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 03:33:26
1 On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 10:17 PM William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi Victor,
4 >
5 > emerge crashes when it tries to add metadata during the merge stage
6 > in an emerge installed python module using 3.7 when the PKGDIR is on a
7 > moosefs share. When PKGDIR is local its fine.
8 >
9 > I am rebuilding some systems now with 3.6 as the PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET
10 > but I was hoping for some way to specify emerge use 3.7 or 3.6 without
11 > having to rebuild portage and all its dependencies everytime I want to
12 > switch and test ...
13
14 Set PYTHON_TARGETS=pytthon3_6. This will ensure portage and its
15 dependencies are built for python3.6.
16
17 You can then set python3.6 as the default interpreter globally by
18 putting it first in /etc/python-exec/python-exec.conf. There's a
19 comment with instructions at the top of that file.
20
21 If you only want emerge to use python3.6, put it in
22 /etc/python-exec/emerge.conf instead.