From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't emerge www-client/mozilla-1.7.10-r1 (kernel bug?)
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 16:28:50
1 Jules Colding wrote:
2
3 >I tried the aforementioned script just to see if that picked up
4 >anything. Lo and behold... it segfaulted in mkdir. I am beginning to
5 >suspect a subtle reiserfs (mounted with noatime and notail) bug as I am
6 >only seeing segfaults with mkdir and only under high load. There was
7 >something in /var/log/messages as well. Script, output, log and info
8 >below.
13 Um, what version of reiserfs are we talking about here? I recall
14 reading recently on lkml (or maybe it was somewhere else..) reports that
15 reiser4 has known and serious problems on non-x86 platforms, and maybe
16 that extends to AMD64 as well....
17
18 If you are using the stable reiser3.6 (the only option available in the
19 gentoo-sources or vanilla-sources), well, I would be very surprised if
20 this was a bug there, because noatime and notail are very common options
21 and it is a very popular filesystem. I would put my money on bad ram or
22 memory timings in this case.
23
24 -Richard
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list