From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Martin Vaeth <vaeth@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: eix settings for searching all layman overlays
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 22:21:28
1 on 07/08/2013 09:39 PM Martin Vaeth wrote the following:
2 > Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> So in /etc/eixrc/00-eixrc I have set
5 >> KEEP_VIRTUALS=true
6 >> REMOTE_DEFAULT=1
7 >
8 > With the current default setting of separate databases for the
9 > local eix cache (normally /var/cache/eix/portage.eix) and
10 > for the remote eix cache (/var/cache/eix/remote.eix),
11 > KEEP_VIRTUALS=true makes no sense:
12 >
13 > The purpose of KEEP_VIRTUALS=true was to update the local
14 > cache data without changing the remote data with eix-update
15 > (if both are in the same file).
16 >
17 > However, especially if you set REMOTE_DEFAULT you should call
18 > eix-remote add1
19 > after every eix-sync so that your local eix cache is
20 > copied into the remote eix cache
21 > (see the manpage how to do this automatically with eix-sync).
25 Thanks, Martin.
26 So, if I understand correctly, I _don't_ need any settings, and I should
27 remove both KEEP_VIRTUALS and REMOTE_DEFAULT, and just use the -R option
28 when I want to search the remote cache and no option for searching the
29 local (installed) overlays and portage, is that correct?