From: Martin Vaeth <vaeth@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: eix settings for searching all layman overlays
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 06:39:32
1 Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > So, if I understand correctly, I _don't_ need any settings, and I should
4 > remove both KEEP_VIRTUALS and REMOTE_DEFAULT, and just use the -R option
5
6 You don't need KEEP_VIRTUALS.
7 Whether you prefer REMOTE_DEFAULT or not is up to you.
8
9 This has nothing to do with the necessity to call "eix-remote add"
10 after eix-sync: Otherwise your local portage tree will not get
11 "pushed" to the remote database /var/cache/eix/remote.eix
12
13 If you do not use REMOTE_DEFAULT, it is only less likely
14 that you will notice this since you will then see the outdated
15 local data only if you use -R ;)