From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to get a couple of -9999 packages to behave
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 16:05:27
1 On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 11:09:07AM -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Jc García <jyo.garcia@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > > 2015-08-18 10:38 GMT-06:00 <covici@××××××××××.com>:
5 > > > So, how do I get the -9999
6 > > > versions of the ebuilds to give me all the correct files like the 2.16.x
7 > > > versions do? I know the -9999 are from git, but it should do what
8 > > > gentoo wants.
9 > > This isn't realistic, you can't ask the devs to check every commit
10 > > upstream makes, exactly when it makes it, so they could update the
11 > > ebuild, if a 9999 ebuild isn't working try to fix it, Obviously
12 > > somthing changed with the dependecies, maybe versions, considering
13 > > gnome 3.18 is around the corner. Why do you think none of the 9999
14 > > ebuilds are keyworded? because they're not officially maintained for
15 > > any arch. My advice is wait if you don't want to mess with the
16 > > ebuilds, other wise, open up an editor and start making things work
17 > > for you, a good start would be to check all the autotools files for
18 > > changes in dependencies.
19 >
20 > Well, I would be willing to do that, but the only difference between the
21 > .999 ones and the regular ones is that the .9999 ones inherit virtualx
22 > and they have the following
23 > inherit eutils gnome2 multilib-minimal virtualx
24 > if [[ ${PV} = 9999 ]]; then
25 > inherit gnome2-live
26 > fi
27 >
28 > So, can you give me any guidance as to why multilib is not being
29 > honored?
32 The ebuild needs to contain all the steps required to build the
33 software. The build process for these particular pieces of software may
34 have changed enough that the -9999 ebuild does not contain all the steps
35 anymore.
36
37 As Jc Garcia said earlier:
38
39 > > Obviously somthing changed with the dependecies, maybe versions,
40 > > considering gnome 3.18 is around the corner.
41
42 Alec