From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to get a couple of -9999 packages to behave
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 15:09:20
1 Jc García <jyo.garcia@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > 2015-08-18 10:38 GMT-06:00 <covici@××××××××××.com>:
4 > > So, how do I get the -9999
5 > > versions of the ebuilds to give me all the correct files like the 2.16.x
6 > > versions do? I know the -9999 are from git, but it should do what
7 > > gentoo wants.
8 > This isn't realistic, you can't ask the devs to check every commit
9 > upstream makes, exactly when it makes it, so they could update the
10 > ebuild, if a 9999 ebuild isn't working try to fix it, Obviously
11 > somthing changed with the dependecies, maybe versions, considering
12 > gnome 3.18 is around the corner. Why do you think none of the 9999
13 > ebuilds are keyworded? because they're not officially maintained for
14 > any arch. My advice is wait if you don't want to mess with the
15 > ebuilds, other wise, open up an editor and start making things work
16 > for you, a good start would be to check all the autotools files for
17 > changes in dependencies.
18
19 Well, I would be willing to do that, but the only difference between the
20 .999 ones and the regular ones is that the .9999 ones inherit virtualx
21 and they have the following
22 inherit eutils gnome2 multilib-minimal virtualx
23 if [[ ${PV} = 9999 ]]; then
24 inherit gnome2-live
25 fi
26
27 So, can you give me any guidance as to why multilib is not being
28 honored?
33 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
34 How do
35 you spend it?
36
37 John Covici