From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KBabel cannot find a corresponding plugin for the MIME type of the file
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 13:33:58
1 Erik wrote:
2 > I just emerged kde-base/kbabel-3.5.2 and whenever I try to open a
3 > po-file with it I get a KMessageBox saying:
4 >
5 > KBabel cannot find a corresponding plugin for the MIME type
6 > of the file: <filename>
7 >
8 > Do I really have to install a plugin?
9
10 No. I remember having had this problem too, a long time ago, but
11 don't remember how I got around it. Try rightclicking on a po
12 file, choose Properties, click on the little tool button, in the
13 Application Preference Order it should say just KBabel.
14
15 If that is set correctly, try moving your kbabelrc somewhere else
16 and start KBabel again. If that does not help either, in KBabel go
17 to Project > Configure, try switching off Flag and SVN/CVS status
18 in Catalog Manager. If still no relief, try re-emerging
19 shared-mime-info, mimelib and libkmime.
20
21 Benno
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list