From: "Marc A. Kastner" <linux@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: installing Gentoo on a 2007 Macbook
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:50:34
1 On Tue, Aug 20, 2013, at 05:03 PM, Marc Joliet wrote:
2 > I tried using an EFI stub kernel, but the firmware does not seem to pick
3 > it
4 > up. I suspect I will have to try blessing it again, but after rebooting
5 > into
6 > the OS X 10.7 DVD yet again, it didn't find the SSD *again*. So I will
7 > get to
8 > work on other things and try it again later tonight.
9
10 If rEFInd works, you don't need to use bless to load an EFI stub kernel.
11 Actually, you just need to get rEFInd working, and it should find your
12 EFI stub kernel automatically. Make sure it's copied to the right
13 partition (EFI, sda1) and called accordingly (based on the rEFInd
14 documentation, it should start with 'vmlinuz' and end with '.efi'). Also
15 make sure, that the refind_linux.conf file is in the same directory as
16 the kernel, to pass boot arguments.
17
18 I kept OSX installed on my MacBook, so I actually have no experience
19 with rEFInd without an OSX partition.
22 Marc Aurel Kastner
23 Computer Science graduate student
24
25 http://www.marc-kastner.com