From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: after finally doing my emerge -e world successfully, my regular world update fails
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 21:01:38
1 On Fri, 22 Dec 2017 11:42:16 -0500,
2 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
3 >
4 > On 2017-12-22 11:45, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
5 >
6 > > sys-apps/systemd openrc python_targets_python2_7 abi_x86_32 -sysv-utils
7 > >
8 > > to /etc/portage/package.use
9 > >
10 > > With this, both, openrc and systemd build just fine.
11 > >
12 > > My init system is openrc, and with this all seems to work just fine.
13 >
14 > Would you mind explaining why you need systemd installed? (100% real
15 > question, no intention to start another ember-war).
16 I use gnome and that is why. I have also found some of what systemd
17 does useful, strange as that may seem, but I don't want to start the
18 great debate!
21 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
22 How do
23 you spend it?
24
25 John Covici wb2una