From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Custom ebuilds for CoreOS
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 21:56:30
1 On Mon, 1 Dec 2014 20:46:54 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > I guess my take is that eventually, linux will be very small, embedded
4 > and a cluster/cloud environment is where most systems will plug in,
5 > kinda like most modern cell phones. Hopefully, there'll be a systemd
6 > centric version so that enables individuals and small companies can
7 > remain "in the game".
8
9 Given that CoreOS have sponsored some systemd development
10 (systemd-networkd), I think it is reasonable to assume they plan to stick
11 with systemd for the foreseeable future.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Top Oxymorons Number 11: Terribly pleased