From: Kenneth Prugh <ken69267@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: .vimrc
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:55:01
1 On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:29:39 +0000 (UTC)
2 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
7 > I'm not the swiftest (hack) around with finessing the (bash) shell
8 > and customizations for c/c++ (command line) programming. What I'm
9 > doing is trying to setup .vimrc so that when I edit a file
10 > (*.c or *.cpp) my shell uses the entries in the (user's) .vimrc file.
11 > However any other file I access via 'vi' I want it to ignore these
12 > customizations or use a second config file for 'vim' customizations.
13 > Ideas on how to accomplish this are welcome.
16 > I've stumbled across ideas on how to make .vimrc really cool for
17 > writing c/c++ programs. I have not found a comprehensive reference on
18 > all of the possibilities and what works. A wiki would be very cool.
19 > I've been testing a custom setup for .vimrc:
20 >
21 > set ai " autoindent
22 > set si " smartindent
23 > set cindent " do c-style indenting
24 > set tabstop=3 " tab spacing settings below are just to
25 > unify it set softtabstop=3 " unify
26 > set shiftwidth=3 " unify
27 > set noexpandtab " real tabs please!
28 > set nowrap " do not wrap lines
29 > set smarttab " use tabs at the start of a line, spaces
30 > elsewhere
33 > Additionally, I'm experimenting with QT4 so any suggestions
34 > related to QT4 are also appreciated. Any comments, ideas or resources
35 > I can look at, would be most appreciated.
38 > James
42 hmm, have you tried something like:
43
44 autocmd BufRead,BufNewFile *.cpp set ai(or whatever options you want?)
45
46 that's how I did some stuff wrt to python...
47 --
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list