From: Toby Cubitt <tsc25@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Change in kernel netfilter config causes an error
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 20:35:59
1 On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 09:10:29PM +0200, Mick wrote:
2 > On 01/05/06, Toby Cubitt <tsc25@××××××.net> wrote:
3 >
4 > >Bingo! Your fw_script.sh contains (line 72):
5 > >
6 > >iptables -t nat -F POSTROUTING
7 > >
8 > >which fails because you haven't compiled NAT into your kernel. Comment
9 > >it out and hopefully your script will work.
10 >
11 > Thanks again Toby. I thought that amidst the many modules I had
12 > compiled NAT (or whatever name it may now have) in the kernel. It
13 > seems that I hadn't. tut, tut!
14
15 I saw you hadn't compiled NAT in your kernel config posting, and
16 almost posted that as to problem, but then I figured you didn't *want*
17 to compile it in so it wasn't a good solution.
18
19 > OK, I've recompiled the kernel and added nat to it. Now it works as it
20 > should.
21
22 Do you want NAT? It sounded like you didn't want to use it anyway. Why
23 not just comment out that line in the script and leave NAT out of the
24 kernel?
25
26 > Thank you All for your responses. :-)
27
28 Anyway, glad it works now.
29
30 Toby
31 --
32 PhD Student
33 Quantum Information Theory group
34 Max Planck Institute for Quantum Optics
35 Garching, Germany
36
37 email: toby@××××××××.org
38 web: www.dr-qubit.org