From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is grub2 stable and who uses it?
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 10:09:07
1 On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 04:49:56 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Subject line says it pretty well. Is grub2 stable, who uses it and can
4 > you post your experience on the switching process? Was it difficult?
5
6 I use it on my netbook, which I admittedly don't boot more than a couple
7 of times a month. It's stable, I can't comment on the switching process
8 as I used GRUB2 from the start with this machine, it seemed a good time
9 to get to grips with it.
10
11 GRUB2 is neither complicated nor difficult, but it is different. If you
12 try to think in terms of legacy GRUB, you will have more problems than if
13 you approach is as learning a new system.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird.
20 Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.