From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] USE="mmx mmxext sse sse2 ssse3 3dnow 3dnowext"
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 23:01:00
1 > > > actually care about moving binary packages around. Thoughts?
2 > >
3 > > thoughts: there are distros that hold your hand already.
4 >
5 > There's also Windows. For just in case Ubuntu doesn't hold
6 > enough of your hand.
7
8 I'm with Wyatt on this one. Can we appreciate there may be a difference between convenience and hand holding? If we consider the case where the user is not interested in moving binary packages between machines, there is nothing to be gained from customsing these CPU feature flags as you always want all of them.
9
10 Personally I wouldn't bother putting a feature request in for this, as I know which flags to use and as I only build about one gentoo box a year so the overhead is low.