From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng facility
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:10:16
1 Arnau Bria wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've installed syslog-ng and I was configuring it.
5 > I'd like to separate ssh and named logs from messages, so I thought
6 > each of that services had a "facilty", so I defined them and restarted
7 > syslog-ng, but it fails saying that it does not know those facilities...
8 >
9 > #filter f_named { facility(named); };
10 > #filter f_sshd { facility(sshd); };
11 >
12 > I have testes with named, sshd, bind, ssh...
13 >
14 > So, how may I separate this services logs?
15 > I used metalog and there you can use reg expressions, may I use it here
16 > too?
17 >
18 > Where may I find a list of facilities?
21 > Cheers!
26 Yes, you can separate the logs.
27 Take a look at this example. I think it would be helpful.
28
29 http://ben.muppethouse.com/SYSLOG-DOC.html
32 Best regards,
33 Daniel