To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Emerging virtual/editor installs nano - why?
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:06:42
1 On Dec 7, 2007 4:37 PM, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2 > On Friday 07 December 2007 16:21:31 Alexander Skwar wrote:
3 > > So the expectation should be, that it's not going to be possible
4 > > to preselect an mta the way I've shown, as soon as virtual/mta
5 > > is converted to a new style virtual.
6 > >
7 > > Is that right? Is there work going on to change all the old
8 > > style virtuals to new style ones?
9 >
10 > You are right except for the fact that virtual/mta will not be converted any
11 > time soon (if ever). Old style virtuals allow their providers to block all
12 > other providers by blocking the virtual. This isn't possible with the current
13 > format for new style virtuals so it isn't going to happen. editor didn't need
14 > that feature and thus could easily be converted...
15
16 Ah, okay. Pretty bad situation, though, isn't it? I mean,
17 with the way it is now, we've got some virtuals which
18 work with virtuals and some, which don't. Do you happen
19 to know, if there's a bug which should rectify this
20 broken situation?
21
22 Alexander
23 éí¢‹¬z¸žÚ(¢¸&j)bž b²