From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Emerging virtual/editor installs nano - why?
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 21:14:58
1 On Friday 07 December 2007 18:58:57 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > > You are right except for the fact that virtual/mta will not be converted
3 > > any time soon (if ever). Old style virtuals allow their providers to
4 > > block all other providers by blocking the virtual. This isn't possible
5 > > with the current format for new style virtuals so it isn't going to
6 > > happen. editor didn't need that feature and thus could easily be
7 > > converted...
8 >
9 > Ah, okay. Pretty bad situation, though, isn't it? I mean,
10 > with the way it is now, we've got some virtuals which
11 > work with virtuals and some, which don't. Do you happen
12 > to know, if there's a bug which should rectify this
13 > broken situation?
14
15 If by 'broken' you mean 'inconsistent' then I can assure you that there are
16 plenty of much more important bugs open... ;) But I guess bug #148251 should
17 be of interest in reference to virtual/mta. Personally I happen to hate old
18 style virtuals and want them dead asap. As you can see on the bug there's not
19 much indicating that'll happen anytime soon though..
22 Bo Andresen