From: Martin S <shieldfire@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] amarok and non-Ipod
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:14:52
1 I suppose, I just thought it did something beautifull.
2
3 Martin S
4
5 2006/7/28, Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.edu>:
6 >
7 > On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 06:13:24AM +0200, Penguin Lover Martin S squawked:
8 > > I got myself an iAudio X5 the other day. Wonderful sound, large disk,
9 > yeah
10 > > really like (until disk breaks).
11 > > Anyway - Amarok has a Ipod connection thingie which I haven't found how
13 > > configure. Is it possible to get it to work with an iAudio.
14 > > I mounted the X5 and clicked "Connect" but amarok didn't find my X5 - so
15 > I
16 > > suppose it's looking for something specificly iPodish?
17 >
18 > I have an M3, and my understanding is that all of iAudio's HDD players
19 > should be mounted as an external harddrive via usb mass storage using
20 > vfat, which I would suspect is quite a different beast from iPod.
21 >
22 > Personally I don't use Amarok. But if you are just trying to play
23 > music off your X5, perhaps you can just mount it as an external
24 > harddrive and point amarok to that mount point?
25 >
26 > HTH,
27 >
28 > W
29 > --
30 > The conjugation of the verb "repress" is as follows:
31 > We protect
32 > Our allies monitor
33 > Our adversaries repress
34 > ~Tackhead (54550) on /. post #14708639
35 > Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1 day, 16:16
36 > --
37 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
43 Regards,
44