From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cron job email time off by one hour
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 15:43:16
1 Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 >Hi all,
4 >
5 >Ok, I've googled and can't figure this out...
6 >
7 >/etc/timezone is set to the correct timezone (EST5EDT)
8 >
9 >Date command says the server time is correct.
10 >
11 >Cron jobs run at the correct times.
12 >
13 >EMails generated by cron have a time one hour in the past.
14 >
15 >Looking at the email header shows the correct date/time stamps, but
16 >since Thunderbird by default uses the date/time header set by the
17 >client, it shows up as arriving an hour earlier than it actually did.
18 >
19 >Anyone?
20
21 Check the time in the headers of the email from the cronjob. It might be that this is caused by a different time (zone) of the mailserver or machine you are checking mail with.
24 Joost
25 --
26 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.