From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cron job email time off by one hour
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 16:47:46
1 On 2013-05-07 11:43 AM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Tanstaafl<tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> Ok, I've googled and can't figure this out...
4 >>
5 >> /etc/timezone is set to the correct timezone (EST5EDT)
6 >>
7 >> Date command says the server time is correct.
8 >>
9 >> Cron jobs run at the correct times.
10 >>
11 >> EMails generated by cron have a time one hour in the past.
12 >>
13 >> Looking at the email header shows the correct date/time stamps, but
14 >> since Thunderbird by default uses the date/time header set by the
15 >> client, it shows up as arriving an hour earlier than it actually did.
16 >>
17 >> Anyone?
18
19 > Check the time in the headers of the email from the cronjob. It might
20 > be that this is caused by a different time (zone) of the mailserver
21 > or machine you are checking mail with.
22
23 Nope. It is our mail server, here in our office...
24
25 Also, I have rkhunter running on the same machine (job is in
26 /etc/cron.daily, instead of the root crontab), which generates its own
27 emails, and those have the correct time on them (header time matches
28 what is in the log).