From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing Gentoo on Dell Servers
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 21:35:58
1 Mick wrote:
2 > Guys, has anyone installed a gentoo LAMP on:
3 >
4 > Dell Server:
5 > ==============================================
6 > If yes, what are the gotchas, in terms of kernel config, hardware, etc? I
7 > have never installed a 64bit system yet, so I guess that'll be another thing
8 > to read on.
9 >
10 > When building a server is it worth considering some GNAP type of set up, or
11 > should one build a complete Gentoo system with /usr/portage and all?
12
13 I've installed Gentoo on pretty much every Dell server that has come out
14 in the past five years and used 64bit on all the newer stuff from the
15 past year or so. Never had an issue even with the wonky 6650. I never
16 bothered with anything special other than local rsync and
17 http-replicator and just used portage locally on each box.
18
19 kashani
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list